InMotion is a global company that designs and manufactures complete motor and drive systems for electric and hybrid vehicles. Many of the world's leading electric vehicle manufacturers trust InMotion to provide innovative products for use in their vehicles. With engineering and manufacturing centers in the US, Sweden and China, working at InMotion US means being part of a shared vision where we work together developing the components needed for the electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. If you’re the kind of person who sees a problem, develops a solution, and engineers an improvement no one’s yet asked for, then we want to talk with you!
InMotion US is situated in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Blacksburg, VA with a unique mix of cultures that fits any stage of life. Advance your career in a dynamic, hands-on environment with the opportunity to collaborate with top-ranked engineering universities like nearby VA Tech and KTH in Stockholm Sweden. We offer an opportunity to create and implement your creative motor design solutions in a small business environment with large company support. To learn more about InMotion, visit evs-inmotion.com, and to learn more about Blacksburg, visit stepintoblacksburg.org.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer who will ensure product quality and communicate requirements with suppliers and customers. We need someone who can hit the ground running with a mindset of continuous improvement and the skills and expertise to recommend product revisions, process and communicate changes, write/update test and/or quality management procedures to assure that quality standards are being achieved.
Our ideal candidate has a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze internal defect and yield data to arrive at technically accurate conclusions leading to timely and effective resolution.
- Work with suppliers in containment and RCCM process and validation.
- Issue, prepare and track supplier 8D reports.
- Travel to suppliers to support these activities (RCCM, 8d, new part qualification, etc.) required as needed.
- Prepare data files for review with customer(s) in monthly quality review meetings; maintain data as required in customer portals.
- Prepare PPAP packages as needed.
- Investigate, analyze and process customer returns; develop and implement containment RCCM as required.
- Respond to customer requests/quality concerns.
- Ensure operators are following processes as documented to comply with the quality management system.
- Evaluate, respond to and disposition non-conforming material.
- Support manufacturing, engineering and all other functions of the organization as needed to maintain and improve business processes.
- Participate in new product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems (e.g. tools might include: FMEA, Control Plans, supplier part qualification).
- Lead problem solving activities in a progressive, team oriented environment using structured problem solving methodologies (e.g. Fishbone, Process Map, Gage R&R, DOE).
- 10-20%travel required, domestic and international
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES NECESSARY:
- Use formal root cause countermeasures and problem solving processes (i.e., 8D, RCCM, etc.).
- Use statistical process control and application in a manufacturing setting.
- Use product launch or project management methodologies and tollgate management (i.e., RAMP, APQP, etc.)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for a multi-functional team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for direct and frequent communication with internal and external customers and suppliers, including international partners
- Must be able to use PowerPoint, WebEx and other Microsoft Office tools
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. degree required with strong preference given to Engineering majors
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing required
- Six Sigma green belt or higher training/experience preferred
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, 401k)
- Generous vacation package
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
InMotion US is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, associate activities and general treatment during employment.