Manage New Product Development projects from conception to shipment to ensure successful product development and ultimately customer satisfaction. The Project Manager is responsible for developing project plans, leading project teams, and successful execution of each project in budget and on time. The Project Manager will actively monitor the status and risks during execution of projects and will report progress to senior management. Experience with design control process and requirements are a must. The Project Manager should have excellent problem-solving skills and be able to think quickly and adeptly about how to address problems as they come up and to learn from the issues so that the same problems do not arise again.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Along with those identified below, other duties may be assigned.
- Manage multiple and complex New Product Development Projects and multi-disciplinary teams (Product Management, Purchasing, Marketing, Electrical, Mechanical, Quality, Manufacturing and Sales) to bring new product ideas to market in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide effective team leadership and focus to meet project timeline and cost goals while managing tactical activities.
- Work closely with Product Management to define market requirements and project scope.
- Work closely with Purchasing Manager to ensure effective supplier base meets component cost and delivery requirements.
- Facilitate the development of detailed product specification that supports the marketing requirement.
- Ensure that the input market requirements = the end product deliverables.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive product development and resource plans with the cross-functional team that minimizes time-to-market requirements.
- Execute the product development plan following a structured, gated process.
- Conduct frequently scheduled team meetings to drive the deliverables to the plan.
- Facilitate problem resolution and conduct Risk Analysis with cross-functional team to identify potential issues and develop mitigation plans to keep projects on-schedule and on-target to goals.
- Manage product development efforts to a project budget, including development of Capital Expenditure Requests (CAPEX).
- Manage the qualification of new products through all phases of testing: function, environmental, regulatory, ALPHA and BETA testing.
- Communicate issues and project status reports on a timely basis to Senior Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES NECESSARY:
- Must have general knowledge about the electric motor and vehicle industry
- Must be able to understand mechanical design drawings
- Must be able to work across cultures, previous experience strongly preferred
- Flexible schedule required to accommodate business across multiple time zones
- High level of interpersonal skills – ability to work with internal and external customers at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive results
- Proven ability to work under pressure – managing multiple high priority projects – while remaining respectful and tactful
- Strong communication abilities – verbal and written
- Previous leadership experience and ability to work with little-to-no supervision
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment, manage complex projects and cross-functional teams and drive the process to deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
- Stage-gate design control experience in a highly regulated development and manufacturing environments
- Process improvement and analytical skills required
- Creativity and initiative
- Ability to make presentations
- Experience with formalized continuous improvement methodologies
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Must be proficient with MS Office
- Previous experience with MS Project, or other project management software, strongly preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required (strong preference given to degrees in Engineering or technical field)
- 3+ years experience in new product development
- Experience with commercial product manufacturing and the ability to integrate the needs of the End-users and Manufacturing to provide optimum designs that exceed those of competitors.
- Experience working with off-shore and domestic suppliers.
- Previous quality experience strongly preferred
- Experience in industry of electric motors preferred
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, 401k)
- Generous vacation package
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
InMotion is a global company that designs and manufactures complete motor and drive systems for electric and hybrid vehicles. Many of the world's leading electric vehicle manufacturers trust InMotion to provide innovative products for use in their vehicles. With engineering and manufacturing centers in the US, Sweden and China, working at InMotion US means being part of a shared vision where we work together developing the components needed for the electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. If you’re the kind of person who sees a problem, develops a solution, and engineers an improvement no one’s yet asked for, then we want to talk with you!
InMotion US is situated in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Blacksburg, VA with a unique mix of cultures that fits any stage of life. Advance your career in a dynamic, hands-on environment with the opportunity to collaborate with top-ranked engineering universities like nearby VA Tech and KTH in Stockholm Sweden. We offer an opportunity to create and implement your creative motor design solutions in a small business environment with large company support. To learn more about InMotion, visitevs-inmotion.com, and to learn more about Blacksburg, visit stepintoblacksburg.org.
InMotion US is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, associate activities and general treatment during employment.