SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for supporting production by developing, implementing and improving and optimizing manufacturing processes to achieve maximum Safety, Quality (defect reduction), Productivity (production improvement in cycle time), On Time Delivery, waste reduction, and related.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize a systematic approach for analyzing operations to optimize overall manufacturing safety, quality, delivery, productivity and costs.
- Must demonstrate skills in collecting and evaluating data to arrive at technically accurate conclusions and ensure timely resolution to issues.
- Develop proposals for process improvement, cycle time reduction, cost reduction and other activities by reducing/eliminating non-value-added activities in processes.
- Apply extensive technical expertise to top level objectives related to lean manufacturing and variation reduction.
- Demonstrate capability to effectively conduct feasibility studies of various solutions to resolve problems.
- Lead problem solving activities in a progressive, team-oriented environment. Conduct process capability studies and implement SPC control systems. Drive process improvement efforts to increase safety, quality, productivity, and machine utilization.
- Work with design engineers to support introduction of new products and ensure accountability to meeting Design for Manufacturability targets.
- Design and implement tooling/fixtures/workstations.
- Provide cost estimates for new projects.
- Provide guidance and training to workers engaged in production on the factory floor. Compile and write training material and conduct training sessions on production processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES NECESSARY:
- Process improvement and analytical skills required
- Demonstrate a high degree of creativity and initiative
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects within defined time and budget constraints
- Project management skills and experience
- Work well with others and have the ability to lead cross-functional teams to solutions
- Ability to make executive company-wide presentations
- Manufacturing process improvement experience preferred
- Excellent PC skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Ability to apply LEAN manufacturing tools in a production environment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in ME, IE or related is required
- 5+ years of experience strongly preferred
- Experience with formalized continuous improvement methodologies is required – Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- 3D CAD modeling and 2D CAD/CAM experience
- Strong preference towards experience writing and debugging code written in LabVIEW
- Experience working with MYSQL databases desired
- Experience in designing and solving problems on pneumatic, mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic controlled machine tools
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, 401k)
- Generous vacation package
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
InMotion is a global company that designs and manufactures complete motor and drive systems for electric and hybrid vehicles. Many of the world's leading electric vehicle manufacturers trust InMotion to provide innovative products for use in their vehicles. With engineering and manufacturing centers in the US, Sweden and China, working at InMotion US means being part of a shared vision where we work together developing the components needed for the electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. If you’re the kind of person who sees a problem, develops a solution, and engineers an improvement no one’s yet asked for, then we want to talk with you!
InMotion US is situated in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Blacksburg, VA with a unique mix of cultures that fits any stage of life. Advance your career in a dynamic, hands-on environment with the opportunity to collaborate with top-ranked engineering universities like nearby VA Tech and KTH in Stockholm Sweden. We offer an opportunity to create and implement your creative motor design solutions in a small business environment with large company support. To learn more about InMotion, visit evs-inmotion.com, and to learn more about Blacksburg, visit stepintoblacksburg.org.
InMotion US is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, associate activities and general treatment during employment.