KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER – ENGINEER
We're looking for someone to join our team in Blacksburg, VA to support sales and develop new business for our expanding product lines!
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for meeting the defined annual objectives for revenue, funnel management and customer satisfaction metrics. Key Account Managers (1) secure present and future business for products through regional customers in North America, (2) create differentiated, defensible and high-value business proposals, (3) execute the Group strategies into a timely, continuous stream of revenue and profit for the business, and (4) balance short term revenue and profit requirements by building strong long term relationships with new customers and customers with new business opportunities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Along with those identified below, other duties may be assigned.
- Manage Key Accounts, business development and support customer service personnel (CS)
- Lead and support global vertical market sales activities as assigned
- Execute on sales goals, forecast, budget, for all Group products and services for sales in the region
- Ensure the achievement of the regional sales goals and in the vertical market segments in which the Group is active.
- Lead improvements of key customer relationships and implement strategies for expanding the customer base
- Lead the development of the business opportunities through the Business Opportunity Assessment (BOA) process
- Lead the opportunity development and OEM negotiation of commercial contracts
- Cooperate with other functional leaders to deliver products and application software, training and commissioning
- Manage Sales network (dealers and partners) sales goals and to ensure that they follow Group guidelines
- Identify and analyze deviations of the sales goals, propose corrective actions, ensuring communication to and implementation
- Contributes to the knowledge and use of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Responsible for an updated market map and opportunity funnel of the different markets and customers
- Contribute in strategic market analysis, market data capture, VOC and market segmentation, and the strategic plan development
- Support quarterly sales meeting and on specific requests attend in sales meetings of the other affiliates of the Group
- Lead or support business development in the region, identifying ways to cooperate with 3rd parties
- 30% travel on an annual basis
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES NECESSARY:
- Strong customer focus and drive to discover and meet the needs of customers
- Initiative to set priorities, work plan and schedule to achieve goals
- Ability to actively engage with customers, internal team members, senior business managers and company owner
- Ability to inspire and lead a direct team and to influence indirect resources
- Excellent negotiation skills, problem solving, quick and penetrating mind, learns a new environment quickly
- Ability to persevere to achieve objects through the sales and marketing process as most new ideas will not succeed.
- Analytical and strategic thinking, Self-starter
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, including English
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Engineering required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Sales and Marketing required