LOCAL SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
Responsible for supporting the local group’s IT needs as a branch of the global IT team. This position is responsible for server maintenance, consolidation and planning in cooperation with site coordinators and project leaders, LAN/WAN Network installation, maintenance and security. With regards to front-end activities the position will perform first level and second level support for internal and external customers, client installations, maintenance and security (mainly antivirus and patch management). The role could get assigned project leads and/or project member activities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Along with those identified below, other duties may be assigned.
- Provide PC, network support to end-users, including the specification, purchase, installation and configuration of related hardware and software
- Troubleshoots and provides first and second level diagnosis for PC and network problems
- Performs user administration, data administration and file backups for servers
- Performs user setup, password security and other changes on PC/LAN systems
- Installs, configures and tests new and updated releases, patches, hotfixes and service packs of end-user software systems and computing equipment
- Advises, trains, and assists users on how best to utilize system and ensures installation of desktop hardware and software according to established standards
- Coordinate the installation of all necessary cabling and equipment for the provision of data/voice/video communications
- Assists in the installation and troubleshooting of routers, switches and other network equipment
- Work to resolve problems on level 1,2.
- Cooperation within global IT projects, project membership.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES NECESSARY:
- Strong knowledge of personal computer hardware, software (operating systems and applications) required
- Client server knowledge needed – PC to Server connectivity must be completely understood
- Fundamental knowledge of users, groups, shares and other basic administrative skills desired
- Ability to communicate technical ideas clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals used in the assembly, installation, repair and operation of data networking
- Understanding of DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP
- Hardware and OS troubleshooting skills
- Ability to implement or coordinate equipment repairs and solve software problems
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint is a plus
- Ability to learn, manage, and support new technologies
- Ability to present ideas constructively and debate without hostility
- Strong customer service orientation and communication skills
- Structured and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently and efficiently manage own personal planning
- Keen attention to details
- Experience working in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Must be willing to respond to emergencies and perform maintenance during off hours
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A.S. Degree, preferably in IT field of study, or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience with customer support function
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, 401k)
- Generous vacation package
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
InMotion US is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, associate activities and general treatment during employment.