DIRECTOR OF REGIONAL SALES – ENGINEER
We're looking for someone to join our team in Blacksburg, VA and take the lead on our North American sales!
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for meeting the defined annual objectives for revenue, funnel management and customer satisfaction metrics. The Director of Regional Sales will be responsible for securing present and future business for products through regional customers in Europe, or Americas (USA or Canada or Brazil) or Asia Pacific (Japan or China or India), for creating differentiated, defensible and high-value business proposals, for executing the Group strategies into a timely, continuous stream of revenue and profit for the business, and for balancing short term revenue and profit requirements with building strong long-term relationships with new customers, end customers with new business opportunities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Along with those identified below, other duties may be assigned.
- Manage regional sales organization with Key Account Managers (KAM) and customer service personnel (CS)
- Lead and support global vertical market sales activities as assigned
- Oversee the hiring, development, compensation proposal, training, and sales incentives of KAM and CS organization
- Manage the development of sales goals, forecast, budget, for all Group products and services for sales in the region
- Ensure the achievement of the regional sales goals and in the vertical market segments in which the Group is active.
- Lead the KAM in the improvement of key customer relationships and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base.
- Lead the development of the business opportunities through the Business Opportunity Assessment (BOA) process
- Lead the KAM in the development and negotiation of commercial contracts
- Cooperate with the Global Application Engineering Director to deliver the application software, training and commissioning
- Manage Sales network (dealers and partners) sales goals and to ensure that they follow Group guidelines
- Identify and analyze deviations of the sales goals, propose corrective actions, and communicate and implement
- Contributes to the knowledge and use of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Responsible for an updated market map and opportunity funnel of the different markets and customers
- Contribute in strategic market analysis, market data capture, VOC and market segmentation, and strategic plan development
- Support quarterly sales meeting and on specific requests attend in sales meetings of the other affiliates of the Group
- Lead business development in the region, identifying ways to cooperate with 3rd parties
- 30% travel on an annual basis
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES NECESSARY:
- Strong customer focus and drive to discover and meet the needs of customers
- Initiative to set priorities, work plan and schedule to achieve goals
- Ability to actively engage with customers, internal team members, senior business managers, and Group owner
- Ability to inspire and lead a direct team and to influence indirect resources
- Excellent problem solving, quick and penetrating mind, learns a new environment quickly
- Ability to persevere to achieve objects through the sales and marketing process as most new ideas will not succeed.
- Analytical and strategic thinking, Self-starter
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, including English
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Engineering required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Sales and Marketing required
- 5+ years of experience in managing a sales team required