BUYER / PLANNER
We are looking for a Buyer/Planner to manage expenditures for materials and/or services to support the company's purchasing programs. This position is responsible for source selection and procurement functions directly associated with the company’s needs for indirect materials and services, fixed assets and tooling, and select production materials and services. These products and services are to be secured at cost quality and at delivery competitive levels consistent with company policy and performance standards. The position is further responsible for the timely planning and scheduling of receipt and inventory control of the products and services as assigned.
Our ideal candidate has a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking. We're looking for someone who has a continuous improvement mindset, who can continually analyze internal processes and harness technology to take our purchasing department to the next level.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Along with those identified below, other duties may be assigned.
- Initiate purchase orders and amendments for parts, services and/or special tools; arrange for submission and inspection of sample products as required; maintain close coordination with plant engineering to ensure timely execution of product and services sourcing activities
- Secure and analyze quotations, negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, and recommend suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities
- Study market prices and trends, engineering developments, and manufacturing method improvements applicable to assigned responsibilities; advise company activities with concurrence of [Job Title]
- Interview and confer with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics inventory control and management; negotiate price and delivery terms with guidance from [Job Title] for assigned responsibilities
- Coordinate, as appropriate, quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers
- Organize and implement with direction from [Job Title] strategies to accomplish small business and disadvantaged business sourcing programs consistent with company guidelines
- Evaluate potential suppliers based on their product quality, cost, delivery times and customer service; visit supplier facilities for first-hand examination of production processes
- Analyze current procurement activities and recommend improvements through more efficient procurement methods, e-procurement, privatization, quantity discounts, standardization, value analysis or cooperative purchasing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES NECESSARY:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with all employment levels of the industry
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels
- Must be detail oriented
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills with proven ability to problem solve
- Self-motivated to work with minimal supervision
- Able to manage multiple high priority projects at once
- Proficient using an internet browser
- Proficient using Microsoft Office to create spreadsheets, documents and presentations required
- Must have technical proficiency on typical office software and the ability to quickly learn any proprietary software
- Proven ability to analyze processes and streamline for continuous improvement within department
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of experience in purchasing/logistics, planning and scheduling within a manufacturing/assembly environment required
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, 401k)
- Generous vacation package
InMotion is a global company that designs and manufactures complete motor and drive systems for electric and hybrid vehicles. Many of the world's leading electric vehicle manufacturers trust InMotion to provide innovative products for use in their vehicles. With engineering and manufacturing centers in the US, Sweden and China, working at InMotion US means being part of a shared vision where we work together developing the components needed for the electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. If you’re the kind of person who sees a problem, develops a solution, and engineers an improvement no one’s yet asked for, then we want to talk with you!
InMotion US is situated in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Blacksburg, VA with a unique mix of cultures that fits any stage of life. Advance your career in a dynamic, hands-on environment with the opportunity to collaborate with top-ranked engineering universities like nearby VA Tech and KTH in Stockholm Sweden. We offer an opportunity to create and implement your creative motor design solutions in a small business environment with large company support. To learn more about InMotion, visit evs-inmotion.com, and to learn more about Blacksburg, visit stepintoblacksburg.org.
InMotion US is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, associate activities and general treatment during employment.
Job Type: Full-time