QUALITY ENGINEER – POWER ELECTRONICS
InMotion is a global company that designs and manufactures complete motor and drive systems for electric and hybrid vehicles. Many of the world's leading electric vehicle manufacturers trust InMotion to provide innovative products for use in their vehicles. With engineering and manufacturing centers in the US, Sweden and China, working at InMotion US means being part of a shared vision where we work together developing the components needed for the electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. If you’re the kind of person who sees a problem, develops a solution, and engineers an improvement no one’s yet asked for, then we want to talk with you!
InMotion US is situated in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Blacksburg, VA with a unique mix of cultures that fits any stage of life. Advance your career in a dynamic, hands-on environment with the opportunity to collaborate with top-ranked engineering universities like nearby VA Tech and KTH in Stockholm Sweden. We offer an opportunity to create and implement your creative motor design solutions in a small business environment with large company support. To learn more about InMotion, visit evs-inmotion.com, and to learn more about Blacksburg, visit stepintoblacksburg.org.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer. Our ideal candidate has a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking.
This position is responsible for ensuring product quality, generating and communicating the quality requirements with vendors & customers, recommending product revisions, processing changes, testing procedures to assure that quality standards are being achieved, and assuring that quality standards comply with division and departmental policies, national and international codes and appropriate safety requirements.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze defect data and yield data
- Prepare supplier 8D reports
- Work with suppliers in containment and RCCM process and validation
- Prepare data presentations and review with customers in monthly quality review meetings
- Prepare PPAP packages as needed
- Investigate, analyze and process RMAs
- Respond to customer requests/quality concerns
- Ensure operators are following quality processes
- Evaluate and respond to DMROs (discrepant material reports)
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Continuous improvement and preemptive actions to eliminate future potential issues
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES NECESSARY:
- Use formal root cause countermeasures and problem solving processes (i.e., 8D, RCCM, etc.)
- Use statistical process control and application in a manufacturing setting
- Work with manufacturing of variable frequency power electronics in the range of 1-150 kW
- Use product launch or project management methodologies and tollgate management (i.e., RAMP, APQP, etc.)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for a multi-functional team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for direct and frequent communication with internal and external customers and suppliers, including international partners
- Must be able to use PowerPoint, WebEx and other Microsoft Office tools
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. degree in Engineering, strong preference given to Electrical Engineering with focus in power electronics
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, 401k)
- Generous vacation package
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
InMotion US is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, associate activities and general treatment during employment.